Green Dot Takeover
Rate this book. Nearly twenty thousand top college graduates apply for two thousand slots. Then, with only a summer of training, the lucky ones are sent to face the most desperate of classroom environments.
As the four struggle to negotiate the expectations of their Locke colleagues most conventionally trained, many skeptical and the relentlessly exacting demands of the overseers at TFA headquarters to say nothing of the typical stresses of youth , we see these young people assume a level of responsibility that might crush a seasoned educator. Click to the right or left of the sample to turn the page. If no book jacket appears in a few seconds, then we don't have an excerpt of this book or your browser is unable to display it.
From the first page, when Locke High School is locked down, Foote's compelling and inspiring characters draw us into the dizzying challenge of trying save the next generation and redeem the promise of America. Relentless Pursuit is not just for anyone who cares about poor kids and education. It's for anyone who cares about the future of the country.
It will make you cry.
The Readers Exchange | Review | book reviews, reader newsletter, book ratings
It will make you cheer. Most important, it gives proof that education, under conditions that should make every American ashamed, can work with a beauty beyond all imagination. Just magnificent and inspiring. The information about Relentless Pursuit shown above was first featured in "The BookBrowse Review" - BookBrowse's online-magazine that keeps our members abreast of notable and high-profile books publishing in the coming weeks.
Email required. Comment required. School reform is that simple.
- Relentless Pursuit: A Year in the Trenches with Teach for America.
- Bank Tellers Then and Now.
- Relentless Pursuit: A Year in the Trenches with Teach for America - Donna Foote - Google книги.
- Wonder Woman - A Pop-Up Book.
- The Brooklyn Rail.
- Relentless Pursuit.
- Ricoeurs Critical Theory?
And equally hard. Share Selection. Bob McManus. Miranda Devine. Karol Markowicz.
- Reframing Teach For America: A Conceptual Framework for the Next Generation of Scholarship.
- Computational Intelligence in Control Engineering (Control Engineering (Marcel Dekker), 2).
- Monsterbook: Rumblefart and the Beastly Bottom: Rumblefart and the Beastly Bottom!
- Product description?
- Welding Handbook: Welding Processes—Arc and Gas Welding and Cutting, Brazing, and Soldering?
- Formal Methods for Open Object-Based Distributed Systems V: IFIP TC6 / WG6.1 Fifth International Conference on Formal Methods for Open Object-Based Distributed Systems (FMOODS 2002) March 20–22, 2002, Enschede, The Netherlands.
- So You Want to Be a Teacher for America? - The New York Times.
Today's Cover. More Stories. Post was not sent - check your email addresses!
A Year in the Trenches with Teach for America
Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. It is aggressively recruiting top flight staff to grow its capacity. Today, it is recognized as one of the best run social entrepreneurships in the country. Its staff has grown from in , to in And it is still growing. Run like a Fortune company, it has created a culture of accountability, aggressively rooting out non-performers and recruiting high achieving talent.
What TFA can teach the NCLB era.
Longer term, TFA expects its alumni to lead the charge on education reform. That is beginning to happen. DC Schools Chancellor Michelle Rhee is a TFA alum who is shaking the education establishment by encouraging teachers to forego tenure in exchange for higher salaries linked to student achievement.